The majority of people would agree that they would like to have a perfectly aligned smile. Fortunately, with today’s dental treatments and technology, it is a reality for many people. Invisalign is an alternative to traditional metal braces that offers a variety of benefits.
But what if you’ve previously worn braces? Is Invisalign an option for you as well?
In this blog, we will discuss if Invisalign after braces is a viable alternative.
What Is the Process of Invisalign?
Invisalign is a teeth-straightening treatment that involves the use of a series of custom-made clear aligners to gradually shift the teeth into their new positions. They are usually replaced every two weeks with a new set of aligners, allowing the teeth to shift gradually over time. For the optimum benefits, they must be worn for at least 22 hours every day.
What Are the Advantages of Invisalign?
Here are just a few of the numerous advantages that Invisalign has over traditional metal braces:
- It might be difficult to keep your teeth clean when you have metal braces since food can easily become caught. Clear aligners, on the other hand, are detachable and easy to clean. Patients will no longer have to work around metal brackets and wires.
- Improved Appearance: The fact that Invisalign is almost invisible is what usually convinces individuals to give it a try.
Traditional braces are less than ideal for adults because everyone can see the metal brackets and wires on the front surface of your teeth. If you choose Invisalign, no one will be able to know you’re wearing aligners!
- No Eating Restrictions: Many people hate having to give up their favorite foods. This is not a problem with Invisalign.
Because the trays are removable, you can eat whatever you want as long as the aligners are removed beforehand.
- More Comfortable: It is impossible to straighten your teeth without some discomfort.
Invisalign, on the other hand, is more comfortable than traditional braces because it utilizes less pressure to shift your teeth into the proper positions.
- Invisalign is capable of correcting a wide range of alignment abnormalities, including overcrowding, underbites, overbites, crossbites, open bites, and gaps.
Is it possible to get Invisalign after braces?
If you want to obtain Invisalign after you’ve had braces, that’s perfectly OK. Even after past orthodontic treatment, many people desire to keep working toward their ideal smile. If you weren’t very good about wearing your retainer the last time, or if there’s something else that needs to be repaired, Invisalign could be a terrific alternative for you!
Contact us to find out if you are a good candidate for the treatment.
Even if you’ve already received orthodontic treatment, Invisalign may be able to help you achieve your dental objectives.
Begin your consultation today to get started on the path to the smile of your dreams.